Sunday, December 21, 2014

Dallas

A few weeks ago I found a great deal on airplane tickets from Denver to Dallas. It worked out perfectly because Ross had finals coming quickly and I would be able to sneak down to Dallas to see John and Cassandra while he studied. Madison and I went to Dallas for a week. We had a great time visiting with John, Cassandra and Drew. It was fun to see how different Drew was since we saw him in July. These pictures aren't in a good order but thats ok. 
Madison and Drew enjoyed playing together. I was hoping that Madison would break the cycle and be nice to younger kids, but that didn't happen. She was a bully but they became good friends by the end of the trip. 
Madison enjoyed playing basketball on Drew's Christmas present. 
 This is on the airplane. Madison was awesome on both flights. It was a huge relief that she behaved so well. 
 Madison and Drew at Costco. 
 Madison was so happy to be outside again. She would stand by the door and say "I wanna go outside." It was pretty understandable too. She would just run all over the place and laugh and smile. 
 John had work off on Friday and we went to Grapevine to see the Gaylord Texan Resort. It decorated beautifully for Christmas. I was born in Grapevine so I'm always glad to go back. 
 Madison and I in front of the Christmas tree. 
 Madison loved pushing to stroller. She was good about sitting in it too. 
 John, me, Madison, Cassandra and Drew.
 I love this picture of us. 
Madison and Drew were often found playing at a little work bench that Drew has in his room. They played so well there. It was so cute to watch them together. 
 We also went to a park close to John and Cassandra's house. I loved the equipment that they had because there was some that was specifically for toddlers and younger kids. 
 I was surprised that this was Madison's favorite place to play. 
 She also loved this thing. 
 Madison's hair is getting longer and I can't believe how curly it is. I love it. Anne says it is just like Ross' hair when he was younger.  
 Drew and Madison.
 Madison loved to give Drew hugs. It was cute but a little scary. 
 She loved to try on Cassandra's shoes. 
 Drew the climber. 
 They were trying on Drew's hats. It was adorable. 
 We landed in Denver and stayed the night before we went to Laramie. We went to visit Emma at work right before we left to Laramie. It was fun to see her at work. I'm proud of how well she is doing at her job. 
Madison was wearing my jacket in Colorado and I thought it was really cute. 

The day after we got back from Laramie we left to go to Burlington. Ross starts working at Walgreen's in Cody tomorrow. He'll do that for about three weeks and then we'll head to Denver to spend some time with my family there. I am excited to celebrate Christmas with Madison I think that she will enjoy it a lot this year. 

1 comment: