Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Wonderful Week

This has been an excellent week! Ross and I were excited for Labor Day because both of us had the day off of work and we were finally able to do something fun!

Ross has been begging me to go to Jackson, Wyoming. Our Bishop told us about a great hike around Jenny's lake.

We went to Jackson with a couple from our ward.

This is before the hike technically started. Brock wanted to take the boat over to the other side of the lake instead of hiking. I wasn't opposed to his idea at all.


Jenny's Lake is beautiful!! I loved the clear water and the trees surrounding it.


We hiked to the Hidden Falls behind Jenny's Lake. It was an incredible view. Ross and I have discovered our love for waterfalls this summer.
After hiking to the Hidden Falls, we hiked to Inspiration Point. There was an excellent view of the Tetons. I was so grateful that it wasn't smokey. They are so beautiful.

Of course we had to stop and get our picture here because that is just what everyone does.

Ross and I were excited that Emma, Janet and Leanna were able to stay with us. It was fun to have a full one bedroom apartment.

Janet said that she was really going to like the college life.

Ross loved taking Emma and Janet to move in and get settled. He kept saying that he was excited to act like their father-figure. Ross enjoyed taking them to the grocery store. He is like a paparazzi and got a sneaking picture of them. They had no idea.
Emma is still stuck in Hawaii-mode. She has been wearing flip flops everywhere. Ross and Emma had to trade shoes for her to get her i-card. Ross and I decided that it would be best if we confiscated them for a little bit until she gets into the habit.

We had an eventful week in Rexburg. We are looking forward to starting school this week.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad Janet has you guys in Rexburg. Being a freshman in college can be a little lonely if you don't have family around. I love the picture with the antlers. My dad is a hunting guide, and I'm sure he'd like to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like such a fun trip! We sat at home. All. Weekend. Long. Not so cool. But you guys got some great photos!! Glad you had a good time before you start school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so everyone knows that comment was posted by Toddles and I had nothing to do with it. I love the blog just so we're clear!

    ReplyDelete