Thursday, October 22, 2015

Young Women in Excellence

A few weeks ago I was called into Young Women's. I am still so excited about it. It has been fun to get to know the girls and to be able to teach them. Last night we had Young Women in Excellence and I made some decorations for it. The theme was "Personal Progress can change the world." I was so excited when I heard the theme because I have been wanting to make some crafts using maps. I am obsessed with maps and globes lately. 
I think for my birthday or for Christmas I received the Giant Flowers cartridge for my Cricut. I was really excited about it but every time I tried to use it I failed miserably. This week I decided that I was going to figure it out. I read the reviews on the Cricut website and someone said that there are great tutorials on YouTube. I looked them up and was able to figure it out really easily. I can't believe how beautiful they turned out. I did metallic spray paint in the centers and on the back. I was able to make about 8 of them.
This flower is my favorite because its a map of New York City.. 
I also made some pinwheels out of an old map. 
I also made these rosettes out of a map.
The origami boats. Please ignore that this is in a vase full of candy corn. 
This is the finished center pieces. I liked the way it turned out but we didn't have the proper vases for it. It still looked really nice. All the girls loved the flowers. I think we are going to give them one for Christmas or for their birthdays. 
The YW President had this beautiful globe and I was considering "accidentally" putting it in my car. 
This was a little display on the food table. It turned out really cute. 
I love doing stuff like this. I think everything turned out and I'm glad that we were able to create a special evening for the young women! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow you did a great job! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it all. The metallic spray on the flowers in the first picture looks fabulous. I wouldn't mind snagging that globe either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete