Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving, we went to visit my Dad and Melodie in Denver. We were so excited to go  down because all of my sisters were there and two of my brothers came into town. We loved seeing everyone and enjoying the delicious food that we had. Ross and I also celebrated our 5 year anniversary on the day after Thanksgiving. 

On Thursday morning, the neighborhood held the Turkey Trot. It was about mile around the neighborhood. We were all especially excited to participate because it started right on my Dad's street. Madison and I were going to participate but it had started snowing that morning so it was pretty cold. We did jump in for the picture though. 
Ross won first place this year! He won a gift card to Coldstone so we used it for our anniversary. I was very proud of him for winning. 
 Madison colored a cute Snowman face. 
 Will, Madison and I before the Turkey Trot. 
Joe and Rianne brought their dog Lazarus to Thanksgiving also. Madison loved Lazarus. She laid out this blanket for them to sit on.  
 I'm pretty sure she was trying to give Lazarus kisses here. Lazarus started to take a nap on the blanket and so Madison wrapped the blanket around him and said "my doggy is taking a nap." It was really cute.
 Rianne, Anneli and I with a photobomb from Emma and Davis. 
 Emma, Davis, Anneli, Rianne and I.
 Anneli and Madison really enjoyed watching all the other kids be crazy. They were so much into running around like crazy kids with them. 
 Josie and Madison. This combo is trouble. 
 Wyatt, Lincoln, Rachel, Reagan, Josie, Madison and Moriah at the kids table. 
 Ross and Madison using the mortar and pestle. 
Ross and I had convinced my Dad to buy this awhile ago at Costco. Ross has been looking forward to using it ever since. Luckily, he was able to use it on this trip. 
Jason smoked the turkey this year. It was delicious. As his reward he got the drumstick. 

We had an awesome time in Denver visiting with family for Thanksgiving! 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Hannah. Loved the pictures and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like Madison had a ton of fun with her cousins. Way to go Ross for winning the turkey trot! Happy 5th anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see these pictures! SOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete