Friday, January 8, 2016

Christmas 2015

For Christmas this year we went to Burlington to visit Anne, Todd, Janet and Diana. We also were able to see Phillip, Brad and Stella. Ross had a busy semester with working and going to school so we didn't have any opportunities to travel home like we have it the past. We were very excited to see everyone. 

After Ross finishes his finals we always go out to lunch to celebrate. We usually go to our favorite Mexican restaurant and Ross always gets two meals. It is kind of disgusting but also very delicious. 
On our way to Burlington we reached two very important car milestones. 199,999 miles and 200,000 miles. I kept making the joke to Ross' siblings that we'd need them to come pick us up after that because the car would most likely break down. Luckily, we made it there and back without any problems. 
Ross begged me to stop at KFC on the way there. It ended up being a great restaurant for us. He enjoyed his friend chicken, I liked my sides and Madison really enjoyed her mac and cheese. 
Janet made some cake batter cookies while we were in town and Madison enjoyed using the boxes as her new shoes. 
Madison also enjoyed snuggling up to Janet and watching Daniel Tiger on the tablet. 
Diana and Madison riding horses around the house 
 Madison found these new glasses in her stocking on Christmas morning. 
 Santa also left her Olaf and a new book called "Smurfette and the Beast." She seemed to really enjoy both of those presents. 
 She also enjoyed a little princess notebook and pencil kit that came in her stocking. She really enjoys erasing things. 
 Diana and Madison getting ready to open presents. 
Anne got us a snowman building kit. It was a fun present. Madison enjoyed wearing the hat but I think that she will be excited to build one! 
 I don't have much of a caption for this picture, but I thought it needed to included. 
Diana, Madison and I all got coloring books for Christmas. We enjoyed coloring together. Madison really enjoys when we color together. 
Madison wearing some new dress up clothes. 
 Madison and Aunt Diana sitting in Janet's new chair.
 I enjoyed every bit of my present from Janet. 
 Madison and Diana 
 Grandma and Madison 
 Madison was very excited when Phillip arrived with Brad and Stella. Brad enjoyed getting the girls all dressed up. 
The kids enjoyed watching cartoons. 
Grandma Bea was reading stories to Madison and Stella. I thought it was a nice picture. I think they were reading Cinderella and Brad was trying to give Madison the balloon as a glass slipper. That is the only explanation that I can think of. 
Madison, Diana and Stella. Madison is really eyeing the raspberry on Stella's finger.
Pete and Susan brought up some gingerbread houses for the kids to build. Madison and I spent way to much time building a little village and I never took a picture of it. I'm glad someone caught a picture of Diana with the kids and their gingerbread train. It was a fun activity for them. 

We had a great time visiting with everyone in Burlington. It was Christmas break! Luckily Ross still has two a half weeks before he starts school again! 

3 comments:

  1. I think my favorite pictures are: the one where Madison is eyeing the raspberry on Stella’s finger, the kids watching cartoons together, and Madison in her pink dress. I think the scariest picture is Ross’s smile at KFC…he looks way too happy to be eating fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Madison crossing her legs on the banana chair. Looks like you had a fun break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the good times we had and the great pics.

    ReplyDelete