Saturday, June 14, 2014

Washington D.C.

There are lots of pictures in this post. We just got back from our vacation. Ross and I have a friend that lives in Washington D.C. Parker was a chemistry major at BYU-Idaho also. He has been a really good friend of ours. We were so glad that we could visit him because he'll be moving to Hawaii in August. Anne, Ross' mom was able to come with us. She served a mission in Pennsylvania and was able to go to Washington D.C. for one day before she went home. It has always been a dream of hers to go back. I'm so glad we could be a part of that. It was a great experience for all of us.
Madison was an awesome baby during the whole trip. I couldn't believe it. She just enjoyed looking at everything. We had a great time.
Madison and Grandma
The Washington Monument
We were walking around the Potomac when we saw about 30 of these Black Hawks flying over. I captured tons of pictures of them. It was so neat to see. We weren't sure why they were flying over head.
Madison being a goof ball.
Ross, Madison, Anne and I in front of the Lincoln monument. I think this is one of my favorite places in DC.
Family selfie with Lincoln.
Ross and Madison. The two from Wyoming.
The World War II monument was beautiful. I loved the way that it was put together.
Anne and I are both Colorado girls.
Ross, Madison and I. That is part of the WWII monument and then the Lincoln behind that.
When we were getting ready to leave, WWII veterans started coming in to see the monument. They were brought in from Chicago. It was a great experience to see them. It was neat to see them all come in and I enjoyed celebrating them. They were very humble people and very kind. The one man was pushing his own wheelchair.
We went to the Smithsonian Air and Space museum.
This is Parker in front of something. I don't remember what it was but he was very excited about it.
I thought that this space suit was really neat. There was a lot of really fun stuff there.
Madison enjoyed looking at everything. I was shocked at how great of a traveler she was. She liked to point at everything.
This was how she told me she was ready to get back in the stroller.
Ross and Anne at the Air and Space museum.
I saw this helmet at the museum. My dad has a helmet like this from his ancestors. I wanted to compare them.
Ross and Bill Daniels. Ross received the Daniel's Fund scholarship and it helped us a lot during our undergraduate degrees.
I am in the middle of a jump. I love my hair.
We stayed with Parker's Aunt and Uncle. They had a beautiful house that had a pool in the backyard. I loved jumping off the diving board. Madison hated the diving board. She got so scared and didn't want anything to do with it. She came back with a fear of water. Bath time has been interesting.
I accidentally cut his head off in the pictures. It was fun to swim after walking all day.
My favorite place that we visited in DC was called the Newseum. It is a museum about the history of the media. They had a lot of neat stuff there. This is a picture of Ross and Madison in the guard tower of the Berlin wall. They had part of the Berlin wall also. I really enjoyed the room full of newspapers. They had newspapers from different events in history. I enjoyed seeing all of them.
Ross, Madison and I. You can see the capital behind us.
I tried my hand at reporting a little reporting while we were there. I need to practice.
Anne Davidson, reporting from the White House.
Ross wasn't thrilled to be a reporter.
Madison will be an excellent reporter one day!

This pictures shows how we spent most of our time. Walking, walking, walking.
We went to the National Zoo and saw the Panda bears! They were pretty active. It was neat to watch them.
Ross and Madison in the bird house.
Ross, Madison and Anne
We loved seeing all of the trees and plants. Anne was excited to see this Bamboo. It was growing in someone's front yard.
Ross and Parker gave me a lot of grief about taking a picture of Madison St. Ross was saying that there is never any Ross St. When we saw this we had Parker pull over and Ross went out and got a picture!
Madison liked to point at the animals at the zoo.
Madison, me, Parker and Anne in front of the National Cathedral. It was beautiful
Replace Parker with Ross.
There was a beautiful garden next to the cathedral.
Parker spent a lot of time taking pictures. Photo by: Ross
We ended up stumbling upon Georgetown Cupcake. I had secretly wanted to go there, but I figured no one else would want to. They used to have a show on TLC called DC Cupcake. It is on Netflix now.
Me with my precious cupcakes.
Top left is coconut, right is salted caramel, bottom left is red velvet and right is chocolate. They look amazing.
Horrible picture, but they were amazing! Holy cow it was the best cupcake I have ever had! Writing this is making me want one.
This is Madison was Brooke and Elise. They are Parker's cousins. They loved hanging out with Madison and playing with her! They were fun girls!

1 comment: