Sunday, June 1, 2014

Brad's Birthday Weekend

This weekend has been exciting! Diana and Anne came down to Laramie on Saturday because we are getting ready to head to Washington DC on Tuesday. They made it to town in perfect time to celebrate Brad's 4th birthday. I can't even believe that Brad is four already. Braidy's sister Lyndy came out with her three kids. It was nice to meet Lyndy and the kids. They are fun people. We enjoyed hanging out with the whole group. 
I have a ton of pictures from the past week. 

 A few weeks ago, Ross and Phillip made rockets with the kids. They were excited that we could finally launch them off. It was a little windy but they did pretty good. I was impressed. 
Madison and I during our rocket launching adventure. 
 This is the outcome. You can kind of see it, but not too much. It would have been better if it wasn't was windy. 
 I got this chair for Madison at a yard sale. I loved it and thought it was so cute. Luckily, Madison loved it too. She really loves to sit in it. 
Ross was able to get a delicious mango the other day. He was in heaven. I told him I hadn't seen him that happy in the last three and half years. 
 Madison has been hanging out with Brad and Phillip too much lately. They always point at her and she has finally caught on. I was glad I could catch this picture. 
 Madison loves the fridge. She always tries to go over when it opens. She is probably looking for the raspberries she loves them. 
 The girls love Aunt Diana! 
 This was the first trip that Madison wasn't afraid of Diana and Anne. It has been really nice. I am glad that she has been able to play with them more. 
 Bronson is such a cute boy! 
 Phillip took us all to a park that had a little pond that the kids could fish in. It was really neat. Brad wore his cape so that it would blow in the wind. 
 Jamie caught the first fish. I was glad that Jamie, Mason and Davis were all able to catch a fish. It was a good time. It was nice that the weather was so good too. 
 Diana and Bronson 
 Davis with the fish. I am pretty sure this is Davis. I kept confusing Mason and Davis. They both are adorable and look different, but I can't get there names straight at all. 
 Mason, Bradford, Davis and Jamie
 Madison in a Diana sandwich. Madison loves harassing Diana. She kept poking her mouth and her nose. It was pretty funny. I was glad it wasn't happening to me. 
 Brad's birthday party. Braidy did a good job putting everything together. 
 She made this giraffe for pin the tail on the giraffe. I felt bad that I had no idea how artistic Braidy is until this party. She did an amazing job on this. I loved the way that it turned out. 
 Brad's cake. It looked so good and it tasted amazing too. I'm going to have to get Braidy to teach me a lot of her talents. 
 This was the best part to me. Brad came down all ready for his birthday celebration. Anne gave Stella this crown for her birthday. Brad was a little jealous during her party. He remembered the birthday crown and was excited to wear it and the cape. I died laughing. It was hilarious to me. 
 All the older kids in the zebra masks. The younger girls didn't like to wear them. They turned out cute too. 
Brad blowing out his candles. 
 Braidy had a little treat table set up for the kids. She invited them to fill these little boxes with candy and treats. Stella loved them. She loaded her box full of m&ms and then started to eat the other crackers. It was so funny to watch. 
 Lyndy and her kids got Brad this bowling set for his birthday. I have been eyeing this at the store for awhile now. Ross loves bowling and I'm assuming Madison will too considering how much I bowled while I was pregnant with her. She seemed to enjoy the set. It was a fun toy for the kids to play with. They all enjoyed it. 

We have had a fun weekend. We are heading to Washington DC and New York City on Tuesday. We are so excited for our trip. It will be a blast to be there! 

2 comments:

  1. You've got some good pics!! It has been such a fun weekend ;) i'm glad that madison is liking me better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took some great pictures. Thanks for being patient while I tried to finish that blasted cake. I love all your commentary with the pictures as well. Madison looks all grown up and too cute in her new green lawn chair.

    ReplyDelete