Monday, January 13, 2014

Fort Worth, Texas

In October, Ross and I were trying to decide what to do for the month long Christmas break. I suggested going to visit John and Cassandra, but we both figured it would be too expensive. We decided to look it up anyway. It was actually a really good deal! We hurried and called them to ask if it was ok and they said that sounded great! We have been really close with them since Ross and I were married. Cassandra lived at Kennsington Manor while she was engaged to John. She met Ross first. We would do lots of things together. We were excited for them, but sad for us when they moved to Texas. Cassandra is pregnant and due on the 18th (I think). We were hoping that she would have the baby while we were there but that is ok! We look forward to meeting him soon!
Cassandra and Madison. They were good friends.
John and Cassandra took us to the Fort Worth Water Gardens. (They were great at hosting people! I was really amazed. They had things planned, but it was still very relaxed and enjoyable!) This place was awesome!
This was the main water attraction. It was so neat that you could walk down the steps to the little pool of water. It was really fun that you could do that. The picture above is Ross and I at the bottom.
John and I at the bottom


They also had two other pools. I enjoyed those a lot. They were very relaxing. I always really enjoy water features.
 One day we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. It was the best zoo that I have ever been too. This is a picture of all of us right before we left. I wish that Madison was looking at the camera.
 Madison and I looking around. She was a great baby the whole trip! It was so nice.



 John teasing Madison. She really enjoyed it.
 Ross really wanted a picture of this bird eating. It was pretty graphic, but it was kind of neat too.
This zoo was very well designed. All the places for the animals were really beautiful. This one was especially neat because the birds could go around to both sides. The cage made a tunnel for us to walk through. While were there the birds were eating right above us. Again, gross but cool.
 Ross and Madison
 John and Cassandra with the giraffe.
 Ross and Madison
 Family picture!
 Madison was happy to be there.
 John just being John.
I think that this was one of Ross' favorites.
 I loved this lion because he was giving us a little show. It was like he was telling all of us a story. It was really neat.

 I also really enjoyed seeing the two baby elephants! They were so cute!




Someone dropped a pacifier in there and he was chewing on it. It was funny to me. 


 On Sunday, we went to see Ross' cousin Dixie. I was sad that I didn't get any pictures from there. She had just had hip surgery so Dennis and Barbara came to Texas. It was fun to see them in Texas. Dixie's kids, Rasmine and Jonathon were really fun! Rasmine held Madison for awhile. It was cute to watch. My brother John helped Jonathon put together his lego plane. John is the king of legos.  After we saw them, we went to the temple. It was beautiful but pretty cold.


 Ross requested a Daddy daughter picture.

 Ross also requested a picture of me by the B.
 We also went to the Fort Worth Stock Yards. There was a nice museum. It was really fun to look around at all the things that they had in there. 
 

 It was a pretty cold day so we didn't stay outside too long.
John tucked Madison in his jacket. I was surprised that she actually enjoyed it. It was cute and it kept Madison pretty warm!


We had a great trip to Texas. Madison's first tooth came in while we were down there. She did really well for a teething baby. We had a blast seeing John and Cassandra! Hopefully this baby comes soon! We are excited to meet him!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great trip. The zoo looks like it was pretty neat. I am glad Madison was such a good baby for you. That makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had some really great photos from Texas! The garden and zoo looked really cool. The zoo animals were cool too. I think my favorite picture is of John having Madison in his jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it was nice being there and not having to help run a color in motion 5k race!

    ReplyDelete