Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

What a day. I guess I should just start from the beginning. Ross decided that we should celebrate Valentine's day earlier in the week because we were planning on going to Denver to visit my family for Friday and Saturday. So we went to Pizza Hut and enjoyed the buffet. It really made my whole week because I have wanted Pizza Hut buffet since we moved here. I am definitely related to my grandparents. I also made Ross a cheesecake. I used a snickers cheesecake recipe, but instead of using snickers I used twix and it was delicious.
 
On Friday morning I woke up about four and felt so awful. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom thinking that I would throw up, but I didn't. I went back to bed and was able to sleep for about an hour when Ross woke up. I told him I felt horribly sick. When he left for school, I threw up. It was a good timing, because Ross probably would have thrown up too. I was hoping that it was just something that I ate and I would be able to get over it quick so we could still go to Denver, but that didn't happen. I felt pretty bad, but Ross was able to take care of Madison all day so I was able to rest. He was such a great help to me. He brought me flowers and was always bringing me things I needed. It was nice that he only had one class on Friday. He showed me how much he loved me and that made it a perfect Valentine's day.
 
I took a few pictures of Madison and Ross while we were watching Diana play basketball. This was actually a pretty funny series of events.
 
 Ross was enjoying this sucker while watching the Boy's game.
"What are you eating, Dad?" This lasted awhile. Enough time for me to take multiple pictures.
 

 



"What's in there, Dad?!"
"Don't worry, I'll find out!"
 
So funny. A lot better live, but still funny. Here are a few more pictures from this weekend.
 Madison loves to crawl in the kitchen. It is pretty nice that she just follows me in and plays. When I am cooking I usually give her a kitchen utensil to play with. Today she helped me make some bread. She really enjoyed it. She loves to do this little pose laying on her side. It is pretty cute.
Her sitting up is getting better, depending on the day. Yesterday, we put her like this. Right after I snapped this picture, she felt right over. She bonked her head pretty good since our carpet had no padding at all. It was sad. She really screamed, but I guess a learning experience.

 


2 comments:

  1. Haha i like Ross giving Madison a lick of the sucker, that's pretty good. And your captions for Madison trying to reach in the bowl made me laugh. I hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. I can totally relate to kiddos wanting to eat your food. Stella is particularly bad about it. Madison sure looks cute.

    ReplyDelete