Sunday, February 23, 2014

Brynn's Baby Shower

This weekend I had an awesome opportunity to help my friend Ashley plan a baby shower for our friend Brynn. Brynn is awesome. She is going to have a little girl pretty soon! It is kind of a funny story how I met her. Our stake does a clothing drive and I volunteered to sort clothes. Braidy watched Madison for me and then I went in. While I was there Brynn was sorting clothes too. We talked a lot and I never asked for her name, but I knew that she used to be in our ward. I went home telling Braidy how awesome this person I met was. Ashley and I became good friends and she told me she was throwing Brynn a baby shower. She described her to me and I was like I think I know her. It was kind of fun to connect the dots. I  hope that story made sense.
I made the "baby" banner with my Cricut. There is little buttons on the sides. I was so happy with how it turned out. I am excited to make more of these!
Ashley put these little button plates together. They were a really cute and simple decoration. For food we did a fruit pizza bar, veggies, and cheese and crackers and cake balls. We also did some little candies. Braidy had the same food at her 31 party and we were totally inspired! Thanks for the great idea Braidy!
I was excited to use some of my serving dishes that we got when we got married. I really had to fight for some of them because Ross thought that they were ridiculous. "Why can't you just serve that in a tupperware?" Because I would never be asked to help with a baby shower again!
We also had people write advise and guess when the baby was going to be born in this cute notebook. I really liked how Ashley set it up.
This is Sami. I think that it is safe to say that her and I are great friends! It helps that I go over to her house and exercise with her mom everyday. For this picture, I asked her to smile and she just looked away from the camera smiling. It was cute.
Sami and Brynn. Sami was so excited for this picture. Afterwards she kept asking for pictures with Brynn. 
Sami also decided to unfold her napkin and sit on it. Since it is not lady like at all to just sit on the floor. Really I love her so much. 
And she dresses great. 
I was that person that everyone hates that took pictures while they were eating and stuff. I figured it be nice to remember who was there even if they were enjoying the food. 
We played a few games too. We played the diaper game and the baby food game. We also did the game where everyone gets ribbon to guess how big Brynn's belly is. Then we measure Brynn and compare everyone. We played this at my baby shower in Idaho and I thought it was awesome! Braidy won that game! I was amazed at how close she was. 
We also opened gifts and Brynn got some really cute stuff! I think girls are so fun! I am so excited to snuggle this little baby! 
Me with Ashley and Brynn. 


1 comment:

  1. Everything turned out so well. I especially loved the baby banner. Too cute. And the food was delicious. I think Brynn was pleased with it all.

    ReplyDelete