Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Break

We were very glad to travel for Burlington for Easter break. We were able to leave on Wednesday and come back on Saturday. It was nice to see everyone and be able to spend a lot of time outside since it was so nice. We drove with Braidy and the kids because Phillip was at an interview in California. The traveling went great and we all had a fun time. The trip back was especially great since we had 4 tired kiddos. 

 While we were there we were able to spend time with Emma. She drove a car out to Burlington for Todd. I was so glad to see her. I liked this picture also. 
 We had a good time dying Easter eggs. Brad and Stella had a fun time also. They were very excited about them. 
 Grandma Bea gave me a glitter eggs kit. I thought that it was so neat! I have always seen these in the store and wanted to get them, but I was always a little hesitant. They turned out really beautiful though. I am going to get this kit again next year. 
 I made this egg for Ross thinking that he would love it. He really liked it. I picked his favorite colors out too. 
 It was fun to relax with the kids and spend time outside. Bronson and Madison were both very happy to be on my lap. Madison liked seeing Bronson a lot. 
 Madison and I before the Easter egg hunt. 
 Anne hid some eggs outside with a little bit of candy in them. It was fun to take the kids around looking for them. 
 Brad's smile shows how excited he was! 
 Madison and I selectively picked an egg that had candy in it. 
 I really liked this picture of Anne. I was glad we were able to go and visit her. It worked out well that they were off of school too. It is nice to be pretty close. 
 Diana and Madison. Madison was pretty rude to everyone who tried to hold her. Sorry to everyone tried to hold her.
 Emma and I on the couch. 
 Ross, Madison and I. Ross enjoyed doing lots of projects around the house. 
Dwight, Anne, Diana, Madison and I, and Emma during the egg hunt. 

We had a great time in Burlington this weekend. It is always nice to see family. 

We didn't do much to celebrate Easter today. Both Ross and I enjoy celebrating the life of Jesus Christ. This morning we watched this video. It meant a lot to me. My thoughts have been all over the place this week. Fifteen years ago was the Columbine shooting. My Easter thoughts are directed more toward this event and to the influence of Jesus Christ in my life and in the lives of my family, especially Mary and Will. They were witnesses that day of many horrible things on that day, but they have been healed and pieced back together because of Jesus Christ. Their faith is so strong and I admire that each day. Their strong testimonies and courage has strengthened me and given me a hope that I will always hold close to me. 
I know that Christ lives. I hope that we can all embrace the peace and hope that He gives. 
Happy Easter. 

3 comments:

  1. haha... I got caught taking selfies with your camera. It was so fun to see you this weekend! Your new bangs look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man i wish i got a special easter egg like ross did ;) jk. you got a lot of good pictures from this weekend (including emmas selfie ;) thanks for helping me with all my projects and stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought we had a good trip. I was so happy all of our kids did so well traveling. You got some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete