Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Madison's Mexican Fiesta!

It is crazy to think that one year ago I was writing this blog post. Madison's birthday was today. I can't even believe it. I am in shock. Seriously. I have a one-year-old. 

Well in honor of the big event we had a big Mexican fiesta to celebrate seis de mayo. 
 Madison and I did a few practice presents in the morning. She did pretty good with them. She would rip a piece of wrapping paper off of it, then put it back on. She did that a few times. 
 She enjoyed that a lot. 
 Ross and I decorated her high chair. I thought it turned out pretty cute.  
  We had some cake pops and I made a cupcake for Madison. I found a cool recipe on pinterest that only makes two cupcakes. I ate the second one and it was really good.
 I made this birthday banner and decided to hang pictures around it. I liked the way that it turned out. I loved looking at the pictures of Madison. We have had a lot of fun times this year. 
I made some sweet pork for our nacho bar. Then we had some fruit and chips and dip. I made the little flowers for the background. I liked the way they turned out too. 
The drink station. 
 Jacob, Josiah and Stella. Stella looks very serious eating. 
 Madison was so excited to eat her cupcake. I think she was a little shocked that we were just giving her a cupcake to eat by herself.
 I love this picture. 
 "Are you looking at my cupcake?"
 Josiah is adorable. I love how chubby he is and I love his glasses. He looks so good in them! 
 Madison liked opening presents, but she got a little overwhelmed. It was fun to watch her open them. 
Family picture with Sami. Haha I love that she wanted to be in our family picture. 

This is a fun video of Madison opening a present.

Madison had a great birthday! We were so glad to be able to have a fun time with friends and family. 
I almost forgot this gem. Our neighbor brought over this big teddy bear over for Madison for her birthday. Madison was afraid of it. Can you blame her? This thing is huge. Hopefully it will grow on her. All the kids at the party loved it. 

1 comment:

  1. The food was delicious, and it was so nice to see everyone. I loved all the decorations. Happy birthday Madison.

    ReplyDelete