Thursday, July 31, 2014

R.I.P. Red Neon


The day finally came. On Wednesday we said goodbye to a very good family friend. The little red neon. This has car been a big part of the Davidson family since I have been a part of it. When I first met the neon, Janet was driving it like it was a race car. Seriously, JanStar!? Ross drove the neon before Janet and then it was passed onto Diana. 
There are many things I will miss about the neon. Here are my top 3.
1. The radio. You wouldn't think that the neon would have a great radio but it really does.
2. Cruising around town with Diana. 
3. Knowing Diana was limited to a ten mile radius. 
This is Ross and Diana getting ready to take the Neon to its final resting place. 
These pictures are from the Pioneer Day celebration in Burlington. 
 Ross, Todd and Phillip were excited about the basketball tournament. They played really well but lost in the championship game. Ross hurt his ankle too. I was impressed he played through it. 
 I spend the week before slaving away on the Davidson family float. We did gold mining theme. On the sides it said "Panning through our family tree" We had pictures hanging from the tree to make it our family tree. 
 I really liked the pictures hanging from the family tree. I used some of the pictures from my family. 
All of the kids were excited to throw candy to the Davidson crew parked in front of Uncle Pete's house. I was glad that they were all so excited about it. 
 Aunt Diana and Madison. They are great friends. 
Madison and Stella. This is my favorite picture from the weekend.
Madison enjoyed some root beer with dinner today. She kept asking for more. It was cute. 
The raspberry crop has been great this year. Madison and I have been picking them during the day snacking on them and making many raspberry treats. Madison loves them. When she sees the bowl of them she'll just grab them and eat them as quickly as she can. It is cute. 

We are enjoying being in Burlington and Ross is enjoying working at the hospital in Cody. 

1 comment:

  1. RIP neon you will be deeply missed... Janet will be sad to heat it but then again probably not. The Pontiac is one of the fastest cars out there. Looks like you had a fun weekend. Madison is adorable like always.

    ReplyDelete