Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The day I became the best wife ever...

For the last 3 years Ross has been begging me to find a recipe to make copycat Gorditas from Taco Bell. I thought it sounded good, but I wasn't seriously motivated to do this. It just seemed like a lot of work. The other night I was on pinterest and Ross asked if I was looking up recipes for homemade gorditas. I looked at him and hesitantly said that I was. I wasn't. Then I was guilt tripped into looking for one. With Ross' help I found a good recipe and we decided that we would try it for dinner the next day. So we did. 
 It was a really easy recipe, but it took a little bit of time. They shells turned out really good. They were nice and soft. I am glad we actually tried it. 
 The first few shells. 
 Ross with his Gordita. I wish I had a video of his reaction. He really enjoyed them. I think he said "We did it! We finally did it! We made the perfect gordita! Todd is going to be so jealous." 
 The close-up. It was delicious. 
Madison enjoying her bits and pieces of gordita. Her face doesn't really show it, but she enjoyed it too. 
 
We got Madison and cute pair of shoes. When we got home she started climbing the stairs and pulling herself up on everything. I decided it was time to get her shoes. She hates them, but she stands a lot better when she is wearing them. 

Here is the recipe for our awesome Gordita copycats. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow you seriously did become the best wife ever by learning the secret gordita recipe! Tell grandma to move over, there is a new head taco maker in town lol. Big T will definitley be jealous and probably make you make some for him. The usefulness of pinterest ;) jk. Madison's shoes are also very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look just like the real thing. You almost motivate me to try something new...almost. Madison looks like such a big girl in her new shoes.

    ReplyDelete